Friday 5 December 2008

Where is God?



“We have not answered the question ‘where is God?’ But we have suggested how to go about answering the question. Seek and you will find. But be careful. If God was at the touch of a button, would you dare click it?”



Where is God?
Newspaper clippings from today’s news with barbed wire. My way of symbolising war and suffering for the world. In the top left there’s a big tear in the fabric; underneath is bright gold. This is where I think God is, forever growing larger in the world and in our hearts, biding his time to cover the whole image in gold.
Nicky, 14



Where is God?
In this slate-grey 3-D corridor a hunched red plasticine figure sits. Meredith (12) expresses an experience. The words say:
“There was a man who suffered every day and every night. His sadness radiated from him and his anger burned like fire. He sat in the dark at the end of the corridor. He asked ‘is there a God? If there is, why does he let me suffer? No answer came, only silence. He curled up and cried.”



God – He Lies In You
I believe that every one of us possesses Him. I have titled my design “God: He Lies In You”. I have included a mirror: when one looks at this artwork, symbolizing God, they see their own face. The image will be broken, because it is hard to see that God is part of each one of us. 
It is a very personal thing. I am sure that not everyone agrees with my opinion. This design has deep meanings; everything from the colour to the shapes used symbolizes something. I will not explain what I intend everything to mean, because I think this is what discovering the painting is about.
Jennie, 14

1 comment:

Stewart said...

Wow. Some great creations and some deep thought!